To file for Chapter 7 you have to keep these things in mind:
* Make a list of your asset and liabilities. Also make a list of your creditors and the amount you owe them.
* Maintain a very good record of income and expenditure i.e. make a list that will contain your monthly expenses and your monthly income and the frequency in which they occur.
* Make a list of contracts that are yet to be executed and the leases that have not expired till date. For example, it can be a lease on your property.
* Make sure you have your financial statement ready at all times. The Financial statement will contain your yearly income for at least the previous 3years, past foreclosures, repossessions, and amount of outstanding debts.
* You must also have a copy of recent tax returns because the court will ask for it.